info panel

Started by tegid, May 20, 2010, 03:46:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tegid

Can anyone help? - I am using Turbo floor plan pro - the other day I found the info panel docked across the top of the work area and not in its normal position to the right of the screen.  I have tried drag and drop, changing the size of the panel but nothing seems to work.  Many thank in advance......

Allan Chesney

I had the same problem some time ago and the only solution I found was to reinstall the program.  If you have made changes to any elements in your catalogue make a copy before you reinstall and connect to it again afterwards otherwise you will lose your customised objects. 

Allan
Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

Kajvin - Robert W

Try this first! Go to programme settings / Workspace . Unselected Info panel restart the program. Then you have restart the program there shall not bee a Info Panel. Go again to programme settings / workspace and reselect  Info panel, hopefully that shall help. Other vice you have to follow that Allan wrote.

Robert
Cadsoft ProArchitect 2
TurboFLOORPLAN3D Home & Landscape Pro
Version 16.0.C1.901.
Computer:
KajRobVin 2011 Asus P6X58D-E/Gigabyte GV-N560OC-1GI Dual Screen Windows 8 Pro
Living: Älmhult Sweden

Allan Chesney

Hi Robert,

I tried that at the time but it just went back to the same place.  There have been a few on the Envisioneer forum with the same issue and all had to re-install.  Appears there is a 'hidden' or intermittent button there somewhere that allows the move in the first place but impossible to find it again.

A possiblity may be if a second monitor is available, to move all the toolbars etc onto the other monitor - may be able to 'break' it away from the top that way - worth a try, but otherwise reinstall seems to be the only fix.

Allan
Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

timf

Resurrecting an old thread as this just happened to me.

Yes there is a hidden button, well actually it 'looks' like a very thin _ which is possible to mouse over when the info panel is docked normally. It appears just above the 'download more...' button. However if the info panel does happen to get docked at the top, this _ button is not accessible any more.

Not wanting to do a full reinstall, I dived into the registry looking for where the settings for the info panel and/or toolbars might be stored.

I found that if I deleted the following key (which has numerous subkeys like 'DockState-Bar1') while TFP was NOT running

HKEY_USERS\some arbitrary Microsoft keyname that is your current login profile\Software\Cadsoft\TFP15PRO\GUIManager\Core

that upon restarting TFP, all the toolbars and the info panel were returned to the program default positions. The registry key structure was also recreated.

Warning!!! editing your registry can cause serious pc malfunctions. If you are not confident with editing your registry, please do the uninstall/reinstall like Allan has suggested.

Regards

Tim

Allan Chesney

Hi Tim,

Thanks for pointing that out. For those who are confident in the Registry it is useful information.

If it happens to me again however I will be observing your warning! - I am far from confident!

Allan
Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional