turn "off" items

Started by Garry, April 28, 2011, 03:35:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garry

I placed some "text" by the doors.  Now I want to change the text but it keeps picking up the "door" instead of the text.
How do you turn off certain items so it picks up the one I want?
Thanks

Allan Chesney

Hi Garry,

Go to the View Filter and select the Eye icon to turn the element off or click the Filter icon on the right, to make the element not selectable. With the latter you can see the door, wall etc but the cursor will not select it.

Allan
Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

Garry

I didn't see anything for doors - am I just missing it?

What is the icon under "selection"?

Allan Chesney

Click the little plus in front of Walls and it will expand to show you will see Doors, Windows etc.

The icon (a 'filter') under selection is the icon I am referring to.  If you click that icon alongside Doors you will not be able to select the doors until you click it again. It goes pale when items are not selectable.

Allan
Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

Doug.S

an alternative...

- change text color to same color as its background

- place an empty rectangle over any offending object/text/etc. colored to match the background


This has more user control if you want to see other parts, print, select, etc.