Tree Photoboards to Share

Started by funrob29, June 25, 2012, 03:27:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

funrob29

Allan and Cad man

Below are the 3 Plants: I used in this project: http://forums.turbofloorplan.com/index.php/topic,2316.15.html, as photoBoard in appreciation to all your help Thanks

This are PNG format, by converting them to TARGA ( I used Photoshop )  I was able to import as Photoboard  and to my Catalog without the need to add magenta background and  have a transparent background

They are easy to add a magenta background as well

Also if you go to this link  I believe they have the gumtree  and others to add to your catalog library  ;)

http://xfrog.com/130-free-xfrogplants-now-available/

Thanks Allan for the info concerning the uploading image file size into the forum I Totally understand :)

Robert De Jesus Perez
Miami, FL.

FUNRAISE-Desgns ;)
AutoCad
ProArchitect
TurboCad Pro V20
TurboFLOORPLAN Home Landscape Pro V16

the cad man

Robert,

Thanks for the images.  Allan, I've tried to post the gumtree pic but it was too large for the forum (at 11MB zipped)...so here's a cut-down version, sorry.

Gaz
Garry Wilson
Adelaide, South Australia

HP i7, Windows 8
TURBOFloorPlan3D Home & Landscape PRO v16
ProArchitect
Envisioneer
TurboCAD PRO Platinum v20

funrob29

Your welcome Cad ;)

If you open a "New" photoshop and set Preset-Web/Size-Wigth 800/Height 600/Res 150/Background Content- Transparent.
File- Place/ choose your tree w/magenta image /enter/ then save it as JPG or PNG.

You should be able to attach the file in the Forum ;)

Robert
Robert De Jesus Perez
Miami, FL.

FUNRAISE-Desgns ;)
AutoCad
ProArchitect
TurboCad Pro V20

Allan Chesney

Thanks Robert and Garry for sharing the trees. They look great on line but I have not actually used them yet.

Bear in mind that you cannot use JPG with magenta for transparency or you will end up with a pink fringe. JPG does not maintain the colour consistantly across the area but blends slightly near the edges giving the fringe. Resizing can sometimes have the same effect, even in BMP. Evan the slightest deviation from true magenta will cause the problem.

I am looking forward to trying the new trees now - when I can make the time!  ::)

Allan
Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

the cad man

Allan,

Don't bother with the Gum tree, I just tried the cut-down version, and as you suggested, it bled terribly...more purple than olive! :'(
Garry Wilson

HP i7, Windows 8
ProArchitect
Envisioneer

funrob29

This is why I'm not a fan of using the magenta back with trees and chose to use trees with transparent background,  imported as a TARGA file.

The forum won't permit TARGA files but the trees I posted are PNG files  with Transparent Background by converting them to TARGA they work great.

Robert
Robert De Jesus Perez
Miami, FL.

FUNRAISE-Desgns ;)
AutoCad
ProArchitect
TurboCad Pro V20

Allan Chesney

Hi Robert, Garry and everyone,

You will be pleased to know that TARGA (.tga) is now allowed. I have just activated it.  :)

Allan
Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

the cad man

Thaks for updating the pages Allan.  I used Robert's suggestion and tried the Gum Tree as a Targa image and I LOVE it...nice clear sharp image, no purple fuzz...but unfortunately still too large for the forum  (37MB zipped!)...but here's how it looks in TFP...

Now that I know that it works so well I'm off to take some more high-res tree photos to build up a quality tree catalogue...

Gaz
Garry Wilson

HP i7, Windows 8
ProArchitect
Envisioneer

the cad man

Very pleased with the Targa quality, here's the Gum Tree in the back yard of my most recent design for a client...

Gaz
Garry Wilson

HP i7, Windows 8
ProArchitect
Envisioneer

funrob29

Awesome!!! ;)

Did you render in Basic ore Advance?  ???

I also tried to attach my Palm and Trees in the forum but had the same issue about file size, but if you attach  in the forum as a PNG file it will be with transparen background and can be downloaded  then turned to targa file again.  ;)

Robert
Robert De Jesus Perez
Miami, FL.

FUNRAISE-Desgns ;)
AutoCad
ProArchitect
TurboCad Pro V20

the cad man

Thanks Robert...I downloaded your PNG files, resaved them as Targa files, but they'd lost so much detail that the final render had almost no leaves on the trees!  I'll cut down my Gum Tree Targa photo and try to repost for others to use, but the trade off will be a much less detailed final result.

This version of the gum Tree is 25% of the original, and zipped down to 1.35MB, so it'll upload to the forum, don't know how good the final render will be though.  If anyone makes use of it I'd like to see the results.

Gaz
Garry Wilson

HP i7, Windows 8
ProArchitect
Envisioneer

funrob29

Cad

Was the render Basic or advance?

I  opened my PNG "using Photoshop and then saved as TARGA and it works great when rendering in Basic, it render with broken leafs when rendering in Advance. This is why I wanted to Know which render did you use, Basic or Advance?

Robert
Robert De Jesus Perez
Miami, FL.

FUNRAISE-Desgns ;)
AutoCad
ProArchitect
TurboCad Pro V20

Doug.S

Quote from: the cad man on June 26, 2012, 07:19:03 PM
Thaks for updating the pages Allan.  I used Robert's suggestion and tried the Gum Tree as a Targa image and I LOVE it...nice clear sharp image, no purple fuzz...but unfortunately still too large for the forum  (37MB zipped!)...but here's how it looks in TFP...

Now that I know that it works so well I'm off to take some more high-res tree photos to build up a quality tree catalogue...

Gaz

Allan, I see the shadow for this tree has the tree trunk shadow offset from base of the tree. Is this a bug? Is there a work around? Does IMSI/TFP people know about it?  or should we post this as a future version request?

funrob29

This is a text I did to learn about BASIC & ADVANCE EXTERIOR render when using  imported Photoboard / Catalog / or 3ds object trees

1- Beach Test 1 is a "BASIC" render, using targa file imported  photoboard Palms and Catalog trees, flower. and Bushes

2- Beach Test 4 is a "ADVANCE" render, using targa file imported  photoboard Palms and Catalog trees, flower. and Bushes

3- Beach Test 5 is a "BASIC" render, using 3ds object file imported  Palms and Catalog trees, flower. and Bushes

In tried  to RENDER ADVANCE  using 3ds Palms and Catalog trees, flower. and Bushes and the render will stop rendering and not responding ???   :(

Robert
Robert De Jesus Perez
Miami, FL.

FUNRAISE-Desgns ;)
AutoCad
ProArchitect
TurboCad Pro V20

funrob29

Doug, Good Eye there  ;D

I noticed it as well and in my test you get the answer  ;)

The shadow offset happens when rendering  the targa Palm photoboard  in Advance render for me. ::)
(See sample Beach Test 4)

The shadow worked great when rendering the Targa  palm photoboard  in Basic render.
(See sample Beach Test 1)

Allan mention to me that  Basic is better exterior render  and Advance for interior render   ::)

Robert
Robert De Jesus Perez
Miami, FL.

FUNRAISE-Desgns ;)
AutoCad
ProArchitect
TurboCad Pro V20