Space Ball

Started by The Old Coyote, December 27, 2014, 08:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Old Coyote

Santa gave me V16 and this is my first post.  I work with AutoDesk Inverntor and use a 3Dconexion Space Navigator to rotate my 3D models around as I design them.  Does anyone use a 3D controller or can tell me how to use mine with Turbo FloorPlan 3D V16.  It is a real great program and I just love it so far.  I just find the 3D navigation to be awkward compared to the ease of rolling a model around with a space ball.
Thank you.

Allan Chesney

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I am sorry but I do not know any way to operate the program with your 3D controller. The navigation tools in TFP are really designed to provide normal walk throughs and walk arounds as you would do with a house, rather than to "roll it around". The orbit tool probably comes closest, as it goes up and down as well as sideways, so can be used the roll the model around but you would not normally do this with a house (especially going under it! - although you can).

Maybe it is possible to operate this tool with a 3D controller. Have you tried starting the orbit manouver and see if your controller will take over?

Allan
Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional