Considering buying TFP 2015 Pro

Started by RandyJ, January 12, 2015, 12:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RandyJ

I have a few questions. I have been looking for spiral staircases in the new version. But cant find them. I did a search on this forum and the older versions TFP have them, where are they in the new version? It kind of seems like the old version has more options. Would it be better to but the older version? Any help would be great! Thanks!!
Randy J
TurboFloorPlan 3D Home & Landscape Pro Version 2015

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED PUBLICATIONS:
Bought: Learning Punch Software(R): Basic & Advanced Training - Second Edition
Series: Learning Punch Software (R)

Learning Punch Software (R): Importing, Exporting and Printing - Second Edition
By P. G.

Patricia G.

Hi Randy,

Starting with V17, TFP is a different program. So, IMO, you can't compare both programs. As I commented before, is like a comparison between Ford and Chevrolet: some users love Ford and some users love Chevrolet  :)

Yes, you can do any type of curved or spiral staircases with TFP 2015. If you have the program installed => in Detail tab => draw the desired curve => convert to => Staircase. Adjust the type of steps, rails, etc
See some fast drawings attached

Patricia

RandyJ

Patricia, YES... Exactly my question! Answered great and very easy to understand way. Wow, never thought you could convert lines to other things... Very Nice feature...Now that it is solved, I will practice and put this in to plan. I have one day left on trial basis, so I guess tomorrow will be ordering  TFP Pro 2015!

Thank you very much...RJ  :)
Randy J

By P. G.

Patricia G.

Hi Randy,

Glad to know that the issue is solved  :)
The Convert To feature is really great. You can convert lines and surfaces. For example, a circle can be converted to a floor, a deck, etc.

If you are interested, I have a series of 4 eBooks totally compatible with TFP V2015 (one of them is free). See the links in my signature below

Patricia

RandyJ

Patricia, the first image in your post is what we are trying to create Only it needs to be a mirror image of it. Would I be using the arc tool?

RJ
Randy J

By P. G.

RandyJ

OK ...Yes I will look at your ebooks!
Randy J

By P. G.

Patricia G.

Randy,

You can use the circular arc tool => set the desired angle. If need to flip the curve use Edit => Flip => horizontal or vertical

Patricia

RandyJ

Very interesting Looks like some trial and error but seem to be getting the hang of it.

Your great Patricia
Randy J

By P. G.

Patricia G.

RandyJ

Ok, I am ready to order! But have question...I see in a different post that TurboFloorplan Pro has the same features as the Punch Software. To me I guess Turbo is the deal to go with? Any advice is greatly apprieciated! Thanks
Randy J

By P. G.

Patricia G.

Hi Randy,

Thank you for posting your question at the Forum

Punch has different programs for Home Design, for CAD, for 3D modeling, etc. , so I can't say that TFP has the same features as all the versions of Punch software.
What I can say is that TFP V17 and V2015 are based on the Punch development so if a Punch program has a feature (the cabinet tool, for example) and this feature exists in a TFP V17 or V2015 program, both features are identical.
I think that the cabinet tool was one of your questions, right? If so, yes, it is included in TFP 2015 (it is located in the Floor tab)

Let me know if you have additional questions

Patricia

RandyJ

yes that was my question...Thanks Patricia...I am going to order the TurboFloorPlan Pro today. I looked over your site and ebooks also Will be ordering one of them soon. Interested any tips or tricks. Also the Punch forums questions and answers should apply to TurboFloorplan Pro. At least I think that is the case?

Randy
Randy J

By P. G.

Patricia G.

You're welcome!:-)

I don't think that the Punch Forum is a good idea in this case. It will be very confusing  ???
The Punch forum contains answers for about 30 different programs, starting with version 3 up to version 17.7 (Win) and 17.5.7 (Mac).
If you have questions, you can post them here.
It is always a good idea to take an extra time to learn the program and features. TFP, as any program, has a learning curve. The best way to learn the program, IMO, is practice + practice + practice => Read and follow the manual (this is important), see the videos => try to create elements not related with your project, so you will become familiar with the commands and how to develop the different components. You will be surprised to learn all the program features and capabilities.

Patricia

RandyJ

Ok...Well I ordered the TFP 2015 Pro...Now back to work...My son is going to build home in Williston, ND...This program has already provided us with a site plan...Next thing is a more detailed plan which is in the works...I am not to good with spiral staircase yet but will keep trying...House Elevations are something I need to learn also. Have seen some ways of doing elevations on the forum...but any tips will be well recieved...Anyway for now Thank You very much Patricia! Oh by the way what ebook would you suggest?

Randy
Randy J

By P. G.

Patricia G.

Randy,

You're welcome!  :)

Elevations: I'd suggest to create the elevations in Elevation View mode. You can print them to scale

eBook: for starters, I'd suggest "Learning Punch Software(R): Basic & Advanced Training - Second Edition" https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/343465

Patricia