Microsoft Windows 10

Started by garystan, June 02, 2015, 07:06:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garystan

Hi everybody :

I just did some research on Microsoft's Windows 10.   Please don't jump into Windows 10 blindly.  First......it can ONLY be installed via a download. It can't be purchased in any retail computer outlet / store.   Second........if, by accident,  you have a System-wide crash on your computer,  you won't be able to re-install Windows 10. Thereby, making your computer nothing more than a paper-weight.   You need a fully functional computer  (with an existing OS) to re-install it.  As a hobbyist,  I built my current computer a year ago.  I use Windows 7 Professional.  Now, with the advent of Windows 10,  if I had a System-wide crash,  I'd have to buy another computer with Windows 10 pre-installed.  Even if I built another computer, it still wouldn't work.  WINDOWS 10 CAN ONLY BE INSTALLED VIA A DOWNLOAD

Patricia G.

Notice that the last Windows Update installs an icon offering Win 10 for free. This invasive icon pops up in the taskbar.
To remove the icon, customize the bar by choosing the option "Hide Icon and Notifications" in the option "GWX" (this means Get Windows 10)

Hope this helps

Patricia

garystan

Patricia G.  :

Thanks for your reply.
                      Basically, I was referring to the Operating System itself.  I built my current computer a year ago.  Using Windows 7 Professional.  I have an install disk, in case I have to do a re-install.  Windows 10 doesn't come with an install disk.

garystan

Patricia G.

Quote from: garystan on June 02, 2015, 09:09:11 AM

Basically, I was referring to the Operating System itself. 

This is exactly what I explained: how to avoid the self install button