Two tone paint with chair rail

Started by alindsay55661, June 02, 2008, 03:05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alindsay55661

I have a chair rail but I can't figure out how to paint the wall beneath it a different color.  When I use the paint brush it does the entire wall.  Any help is greatly appreciated!

Alan

Allan Chesney

Hi Alan,  Welcome to the Forum.

To change the texture beneath the chair rail you need to use the Wainscot setting on the wall Trim tab.  This has been discussed a few times so if you do a Search on Wainscot you can read the various posts on it.  In the one at http://forum.turbofloorplan.com/index.php/topic,283.0.html there is an image showing where the settings are.

Allan

Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

alindsay55661

Excellent!  Glad to see its that easy.  Thanks Allan.

FitzHugh75



I have tried a toned paint for my furniture's and it looks okay for me. I guess it depends on how you will combine or tone the colors so the furniture will be beautiful. May I advice to use high quality of paint in painting your furniture for added longer life of the paint.

Kajvin - Robert W

Hi FitzHugh75

Some times technical English be confusing a Chair Rail is not a furniture, it is protection for a wall by for the most time wood rail och something other material, and in TFP can you use this setup for make a 2 color or 2 texture wall split horizontally. By the way what version of the 3D-program is you using.

Robert
Cadsoft ProArchitect 2
TurboFLOORPLAN3D Home & Landscape Pro
Version 16.0.C1.901.
Computer:
KajRobVin 2011 Asus P6X58D-E/Gigabyte GV-N560OC-1GI Dual Screen Windows 8 Pro
Living: Älmhult Sweden