Project Trace Image disappear when not selected...

Started by Surfer_Gurl, June 09, 2008, 01:45:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Surfer_Gurl

... ok, I'm new to this ver, but I imported a Google Maps image, and can't draw walls on the layer I put the map on.  Ok, put the map on a separate layer, layer 3, called it 'Terrain'.  I click on 'Ground Floor', and lap disappears!

I bet you old pros already know what I'm doing wrong... yes, I searchec this forum, help file and read the book.

Thanks!

Allan Chesney

The first thing I would check is the transparency of the locations. (Settings / Program Settings / Workspace) and check the Dimming Percentage - usually 80 - 90 depending on your preference.

The second item Trace Image under Looking For Help section deals with tracing quite extensively.

Allan
Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

Surfer_Gurl

Thanks, again, Alan.  It's set to 90%, but disappears when I click on any other level... Time to read the help you suggested.  I guess I shouldn't get too impatient, as I just installed TFP and TC day before yesterday!

Surfer_Gurl

I figured out what's wrong... sort of.  When I opened TFP, got message: An External Catalog must be open in order to run the House Builder.  I ignored it, thinking it was just the Wizard, and would fix it later.  OBVIOUSLY, I thought wrong, as I opened a new project, with same problem... I'll just reinstall, as I want to re-partition this 750G disk anyway.  Sorry for wasting your valuable time.

BTW: I should have put this in Help forum, but don't know how to move it.  I bet you all hate amateurs like me in your forum!

Surfer_Gurl

OK, I read a post that explains how to get the catalog back (I'm keeping notes), but still only the active level seems to be visible, even though it's set to default 90%, and the little eye is open.  I must be missing something obvious.

Doug.S

if you want to see a trace image on multiple levels, you must insert it into each level you want to see it on....this actually makes sense because for example the second floor would not be the same as the first floor and a first floor image would get in the way if it "bled" thru to second floor view

if walls are not seen enough, consider reducing 'dimming' to a much lower number.

Allan Chesney

I generally use a DXF file to trace and it shows through all layers so I did not remember that point when tracing images.

If you can get the plan as a DXF then just import it to a new Location and set the dimming to whatever you want.  You can turn it off and on at will also via the Filter.

Allan
Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

Surfer_Gurl

Thanks Doug & Alan, you solved my problem.  As I learn, I'll try not to bug you professionals too much