Installaion Issue TurboFLOORPLAN on Vista

Started by pdhana, February 28, 2009, 02:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdhana

Hi,

Need help.

I'm getting  1320 "Specified Path is too long" error when i try to install TFP in Vista Home Premium. Software is looking for 'c:\users\all users' directory. But in vista there is no such directory. Any work around for this issue.

Appreciate your help on this. Error Message attached

Thanks




Allan Chesney

Hi, Welcome to the Forum,

The immediate thing that came to my mind was -If the folder does not exist on Vista why not just create it and see what happens then?  There have been a number of Vista issues discussed in the Forum previously. Try the Search to see if any of the previous posts throws any light on it. If you are in the US there is a free installation help number I think on the IMSI Design site.

Sorry I can't be more help - I am not a technical person as far as PC's are concerned.  Doug or one of the other users here may be able to help at bit more.

All the best with it

Allan
Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

pdhana

Hi Allen,

I already have tried for that and nothing seems to be working. I spent lot of time in this forum to find the solution for this issue before i create a new threat. Also searched on the net but no luck.  >:(. Expecting some senior members help on this. I could see many users are using vista for TurboFloorplan 12. I have turbo cad deluxe 14 on the same machine and no issues.

Allen Thanks for your post. I'm in singapore and did not contact support so far due to time zone difference.

Appreciate your any senior member help.


Thanks & Regards
Dhanasekar

pdhana

Hi All,

Allan the issue was "All USers" directory was existing already with read only privs. I've change the privs and remove the directory!!!

I went to DOS prompt and checked the privs "Dir /a /d"
"/a--> hidden files" "-d--> directory only"

Thanks. I've sorted out the issue. Very simple work around but it would be very difficult for non technical peoples.

Solution
=======
1) Check for "All Users" directory under c:\users
2) Remove   "All Users" Directory if any
3) Create "All Users" directory
4) Create "Application Data" directory under "C:\users\All Users"

Continue with your installation

Note : You may need to change the file permission.

Hope this may help other new users until IMSI correct this issue.

Allan Chesney

Hi again,

Thanks for letting us all know the solution to that one - I don't recall anyone reporting this issue before but at least now we know the solution if anyone else comes across it.  As you said - not the ideal situation for non technical users (like me!!).

Allan
Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional