error message: this project was created in a newer version

Started by anon125, July 22, 2010, 11:57:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anon125

I don't think so.
is there a workaround.
i have turbofloorplan home and landscape pro version 12.1
this was the last one imsi has records of sending me
thanks all
PS i have uploaded a couple of files, could anyone tell me what version they were created in.
oh i moved from XP to vista 64

Allan Chesney

There is no way to tell from the file itself which version it was created in, so I can't help from the files themselves.

What is the full number of your version? (Help / About) The last 3 digits are the critical ones.

Are you sure you did not update to V14 at some point? (there wasn't a V13)

It sounds to me though that you may have applied updates to V12 since 12.1.  Have you downloaded the latest patch from the website (http://www.imsidesign.com/Support/TurboFLOORPLANSupport/tabid/515/Default.aspx), right down the bottom of the page for V12.

Obviously installation went OK. (Usually on Vista you have to Run as Administrator or even use XP Compatibility mode).


Allan
Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

anon125

12.00.C1.551 build date 2007
thanks

i downloaded the update and got "1628 failed to complete installation"

I hate computers!

Allan Chesney

Was that before or after you installed the update from the website?

Allan
Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

anon125

with the software NOT running
i clicked the update exe file and that is what i got
thanks

Allan Chesney

Sorry I did not read you full post to see you had installed the patch - or tried too. I looked at it on my phone and did not scroll down obviously.

Yes I hate computers too!!  OK if they work but........

Try installing the patch in XP Compatibility mode - see http://forums.turbofloorplan.com/index.php/topic,931.0.html and search on the error code - eg http://forums.turbofloorplan.com/index.php/topic,1035.0.html

You have my sympathy!!

Allan
 
Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

anon125

"If you get error 1628: Failed to complete instalation on a 64-bit, is the program is most likely not 64-bit compatible"
don't look good....
thanks
have given up- will download the trial version - as you suggested.
with a building drawing created by you! (softare should make it clear that the drawing NOT the software was made by...) or did you write the software too?

Allan Chesney

The program is fine on 64 Bit machine - but only runs as 32.

No I am responsible for the image not the software!  I do some software development but nothing as comprehensive and complex as TFP!!

The program is fine but it is important to install it correctly  - essential to right click the downloaded exe file and select Run as Administrator.  Also essential to have all other programs closed down, so it can access all the necessary DLLs etc.  I even turn off virus scanners etc do for the install period.

Allan
Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional