3D objects imported to TFP V16 using TC V19, TC V12, & XFROG Plants

Started by funrob29, June 29, 2012, 05:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

funrob29

Hi,

I started this because I use TurboCad Pro V12 & V16 to create 3D objects and 3D XFROG PLANT imported into TurboFLOORPLAN Home Landscaping Pro V16, To create the project "Serena Lakes Plaza Shopping Center" and I was having render error, using Advance render.

Allan has been very helpful and suggested my project might be corrupt and to do test deselecting elements  to get to the corrupt element.

One of the elements I found was a 3ds Palm tree I imported  from XFROG PLANTS, that would import without texture colors (Texture would Turn Grey).I will go to Property/ Appearance/Components/ and by choosing Landscape Materials  I would make the leaf /using the grass material, the Trunk/ a Wood material, etc until the Palm tree had texture color.

I did a test of the Palm tree by itself but in will get a render error...., in Advance rendering. Finally by using Green Color Material for Leaf/ Wood for Trunk I was able to render in Advance render.

I learn that I needed to save the original XFROG textures in the TFP Texture File.
(The sample below  are not the original XFROG TEXTURES I will post results with originals textures later)

Sample below are with TFP materials Basic and Advance render:
Robert De Jesus Perez
Miami, FL.

FUNRAISE-Desgns ;)
AutoCad
ProArchitect
TurboCad Pro V20
TurboFLOORPLAN Home Landscape Pro V16

funrob29

This are the 3D XFROG PLANTS Royal Palm 3ds, files after I saved the original materials to TFP Material Library

1- Basic render test

2 Advance render Test

Robert
Robert De Jesus Perez
Miami, FL.

FUNRAISE-Desgns ;)
AutoCad
ProArchitect
TurboCad Pro V20

funrob29

This is are the 3ds  Entrance  Awning with frame created with TC V19 and imported to TFP V16

1- Basic render

2- Advance render

Allan, in the Advance render take a look how the Awning Frame columns is missing the outer vertical polls  in the structure but it shows in the Shadow. ???  :o

Is this another issue for the developers?  ???

Robert
Robert De Jesus Perez
Miami, FL.

FUNRAISE-Desgns ;)
AutoCad
ProArchitect
TurboCad Pro V20

funrob29

This is are the 3ds  CubaRicua Store outer neon Sign created with TC V19 and imported to TFP V16

1- Basic render

2- Advance render
Robert De Jesus Perez
Miami, FL.

FUNRAISE-Desgns ;)
AutoCad
ProArchitect
TurboCad Pro V20

funrob29

Quote from: funrob29 on June 29, 2012, 08:46:31 PM
This is are the 3ds  Entrance  Awning with frame created with TC V19 and imported to TFP V16

1- Advance render

Allan, in the Advance render take a look how the Awning Frame columns is missing the outer vertical polls  in the structure but it shows in the Shadow. ???  :o

Is this another issue for the developers?  ???

Robert
Robert De Jesus Perez
Miami, FL.

FUNRAISE-Desgns ;)
AutoCad
ProArchitect
TurboCad Pro V20

funrob29

Allan check the lost of pipe in the frame but appear in the shadow in the images above ::)

This 3D Awning and metal Frame I created in TC Pro V19 and imported as a 3ds. file to TFP Home Landscape Pro V16  :o

Robert
Robert De Jesus Perez
Miami, FL.

FUNRAISE-Desgns ;)
AutoCad
ProArchitect
TurboCad Pro V20

Allan Chesney

Hi Robert,

What do you have as a texture on these columns? If you just have a Colour, try changing it to a texture, such as one of the Paints. The Paints are not colours but image samples (BMP for accuracy). There are instances where colours become transparent or relective which should be fixed in the next release but if you are using a colour this may explain it.  Can't think of any other cause.

Allan
Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

funrob29

I believe I used Metal texture,  I don't remember now if I re texture in TFP or is using the original texture from TC.

The Awning canvas & Awning Frames are separate 3D objects. I know I had to re texture the Canvas with TFP canvas material

I just downloaded Metal textures from the Link Rob posted, and see if they work with no issues

I will check and retry

Robert
Robert De Jesus Perez
Miami, FL.

FUNRAISE-Desgns ;)
AutoCad
ProArchitect
TurboCad Pro V20

Allan Chesney

Hi Robert,

Personally I would do the testing with proven materials such as Paint, rather than imported materials to be on the safe side. Even with something like this, although the structure may be made of 'metal' it is the Paint that is seen in reality.

Allan
Allan Chesney,

funrob29

Quote from: Allan Chesney on June 30, 2012, 06:23:54 PM
Hi Robert,

Personally I would do the testing with proven materials such as Paint, rather than imported materials to be on the safe side. Even with something like this, although the structure may be made of 'metal' it is the Paint that is seen in reality.

Allan

Hi Allan,

Test 1 is Basic with imported metal color from the Steel web site link.  ;D

Test 1 is Advance with imported metal color from the Steel web site link.  :(

Test 2 is Advance with Color from TFP Materials.  :'(

Test 3 is Advance with Benjamin Moore Paint Color from TFP Materials.  ::)

Advance for Exterior render has MAJOR PROBLEMS.  :-[

Robert
Robert De Jesus Perez
Miami, FL.

FUNRAISE-Desgns ;)
AutoCad
ProArchitect
TurboCad Pro V20

Allan Chesney

Hi Robert,

I notice that the frame under than canopy has also disappeared along with the corners of the pillars.
Any chance of posting or emailing this object so I can experiment with it? (original 3DS if not too big)

Did another tree test, closer up, to try to see what is happening. Even before you render you can see a 'haze' around the Targa image and to a lesser extend the BMP Magenta version - looks as though this is what disappears in Advanced render. On my photo tree this is not evident. When you look at the last real close up image before rendering the difference is very obvious. When rendered however, there is still some shrinkage of the 'open' area of the leaves but the 'dense ' seems to stay in tact.

Allan
Allan Chesney,

Jack Zimmer

Hi Robert,

If I remember correctly, that is a result of the member not being 'normal to the camera'. This is similar to CAD Mans discussion of black walls. In walls you can set to 'Force to be Exterior'.

Did you make these in TCAD?  If so have you tried exploding them to surfaces. If when you explode all the work disappears , then they are already surfaces.

Because Radiosity bounces light all around in the model it can read some surfaces as invisible.

If you could post the original file I could test it. (not the 3ds version, the TCAD version)

Jack

funrob29

Quote from: Jack Zimmer on July 01, 2012, 08:51:42 AM

If I remember correctly, that is a result of the member not being 'normal to the camera'. This is similar to CAD Mans discussion of black walls. In walls you can set to 'Force to be Exterior'.

Did you make these in TCAD?  If so have you tried exploding them to surfaces. If when you explode all the work disappears , then they are already surfaces.

Hi Allan,

Yes I created it in TCAD Pro V19 Trial,  I currently have TCAD Pro V12 and the original file won't open in the older version. Also the awning and Frame were created in one file that included the total project so is to large to e-mail or post. :(

You read my mind the missing straight pipes where Simple Extrude and the angle braces were Rail Sweep.

I'm checking to see I I saved it only as 3ds or DWG & DFX as well, then I'm going to open in TCAD V12 and check your suggestion to explode. ;)

Thanks
Robert

Robert De Jesus Perez
Miami, FL.

FUNRAISE-Desgns ;)
AutoCad
ProArchitect
TurboCad Pro V20

Allan Chesney

Hi Robert,

I created something like what you have in TFP and it renders fine in Basic and Advanced. The image below is the Advanced one. I know it is a bit smaller than yours and I think, after looking closer at yours, that the frame could be a round channel (?). I had already done the square one, so not worth the trouble converting it all to round, when I just wanted to satisfy myself that it would work. The roof is just a straight TFP one of course and the frame was from TFP Members, although I did export and import again them again, so that the render was from a 3DS, although a TFP created one, not a TC one.

Makes me wonder whether there is something different happening with the 3DS coming from TCad - maybe what Jack is referring too (which goes over my head I'm afraid!!!  ::) ).

Allan
Allan Chesney,

funrob29

Quote from: funrob29 on July 01, 2012, 10:48:01 AM

Hi Allan,

I'm checking to see I I saved it only as 3ds or DWG & DFX as well, then I'm going to open in TCAD V12 and check your suggestion to explode. ;)

Thanks
Robert

I Checked and even tho I had saved files as DFX, DWG, etc. I was able to open and insert ONLY the 3ds file in TCAD V12 and exploded and there was  some issues with Line pen size set at none, surface was 3D NONE MATERIAL ETC.

I undid the explode and sellected all, added pen size, color, and material and re exploded. I created new layers and assign new layers to seperate into sections and analize each object so I can recreate and try New tests. I will keep you inform with the results. ;

Robert
Robert De Jesus Perez
Miami, FL.

FUNRAISE-Desgns ;)
AutoCad
ProArchitect
TurboCad Pro V20